Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Personal Profile




My name is Hassan Hawash. I was born in Alexandria, Egypt in 1965, but moved to my mother's home land, Ireland, in 1966. After a year on the emerald isle we set sail from the Port of Cobh in County Cork for Canada in September 1967.

I grew up in Canada, but left once again at age 27 to work at the American Cultural Centre in Egypt to get in touch with my roots. Egypt is very special to me because it is there that my lovely wife. We now have a wonderful six month old daughter named Janna.

At present, I work in Abu Dhabi at Abu Dhabi Men's College and have done so for the past six years. I have also worked in Oman and Kuwait.

In my free time, I love to play ice hockey, tennis, run, read, watch movies and travel. This past weekend, our hockey team played in Doha. It was exhausting because we had to play seven games in two days. We made it to the final, but unfortunately lost in the final game. It was a great fun.

No comments: